COVID-19 has impacted our office and the dental industry for the time being and emergency patients must be our focus for now. To help us define what constitutes a dental emergency, the ADA has stepped in to help.
At this time, our dental professionals are limited to seeing patients who have:
• Bleeding that doesn’t stop
• Painful swelling in or around your mouth
• Pain in a tooth, teeth or jaw bone
• Gum infection with pain or swelling
• After surgery treatment (dressing change, stitch removal)
• Broken or knocked out tooth
• Denture adjustment for people receiving radiation or other treatment for cancer
• Snipping or adjusting wire of braces that hurts your cheek or gums
• Biopsy of abnormal tissue
Regular care is important and necessary to maintain a healthy mouth, but at this time we have been asked to postpone these as well as elective procedures until the general public health concern has passed.
To view the entire ADA guideline post, please click on the picture to be taken to the ADA website.
Thank you so much for trusting Spring Valley Dental Group with your dental care. During our break away from patients, we've been taking continuing education and prepping our office to reopen. COVID-19 will no doubt have a lasting effect on our day to day operations but know that we work to ensure your well being and safety during your visit to our office.
We value and appreciate you!
Stay healthy and keep smiling.
Spring Valley Dental Group, dentists delivering excellence in dentistry in the St. Louis Metro-East area of Illinois, (O'Fallon, Shiloh, Caseyville, Fairview Heights, Collinsville, Lebanon, Swansea, Mascoutah, Troy, and Belleville, IL).